Studying for an MA in Children's Book Illustration at Cambridge School of Art....a wonderful place with lovely people!

Monday 8 November 2010

What a mess!




Had another good day in the studio this week. Always come away so tired though!
Think I may be going back to too much detail with my work.

Had done one drawing with inks and dip pen the day before. What a windy day! Crows and leaves flying everywhere...inks tipping over. Wasn't too sure I liked that way of drawing but the feedback was that generally everyone preferred the inky drawing to my painstaking pencil drawing of Beth. I persevered and did some more...still think its a very messy way to draw and hate having black fingernails!

Watched a very interesting film called Picture Book at the end of the day...featured our tutor Martin Salisbury and my hero Shirley Hughes!