Studying for an MA in Children's Book Illustration at Cambridge School of Art....a wonderful place with lovely people!

Thursday 7 October 2010

What is Hardwick Farm?

Today I decided that I have been doing it all wrong. I felt quite emotional when I got home yesterday but am so grateful to Pam for taking the time to help me understand what is required. We talked about Hardwick Farm. She pointed out that in the drawings I had made so far she had no sense of where or what Hardwick Farm was. She explained that each image I had created was like a finished piece without context. I have decide to start a new larger sketchbook and work in a more relaxed style, not aiming to produce finished pieces, but a coherent body of work which really describes the subject. I sat and sketched at the bottom of the driveway looking up towards the farm: