Studying for an MA in Children's Book Illustration at Cambridge School of Art....a wonderful place with lovely people!

Monday 14 February 2011

Storyboard for Clara
















Had a really useful tutorial with Pam ...we discussed the rough storyboard I had produced so felt confident to start on a more detailed storyboard. Decided to scan in my sketches, colour up and assemble them in book form so I can see how the finished book might look. The story will be wordless.

Have been inspired by Rajput painting as this will create atmosphere and the Asian influence I feel the story needs...the examples I have found are very detailed so will need to simplfy the style but excited to start. Hope to paint the illustrations in gouche and watercolour but these small images have been rough coloured in Photoshop. The illustration of Clara's travels through Europe will be a continuous fold our frieze of six pictures.